HOW DOES THE PARTNERSHIP WORK?
All Yearlings selected for the partnership will be valued at $25,000 each. You, the Breeder, will be able to contribute your yearling @ a value of $25,000 and receive an interest in the partnership equal to $25,000. (i.e. if the partnership is valued at $1,000,000, your interest would be 2.5%).
You can participate in the success of 10 plus horses in the Partnership, remain the Breeder of record and receive Breeder awards on your horse. In addition, you will not receive any bills. If your horse is selected, all bills will be paid by the Partnership effective as of the transfer date. Other partners in the partnership will contribute the capital necessary to fund each yearling’s racing career with proven trainers.
YEARLING QUALIFICATION PROCESS
All yearlings sired by War Dancer are eligible to apply. Breeders shall nominate their yearling(s) from April 1- May 31, 2019. (Please see below for submission details.)
Yearlings will be selected based on their athleticism and conformation. A selection committee of industry experts shall select the yearlings.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF MY HORSE HAS BEEN ACCEPTED?
Once we receive your application, we will begin the evaluation process. The evaluation may take several weeks. The transfer of ownership will be complete by September 30, 2019. You will be notified if your horse has been selected by June 30, 2019.
If you wish to enter your horse in a sale before the September 30th transfer, you may do so. If your horse sells at auction, there will be no penalty for dropping out of the partnership. If your horse does not sell, it will remain eligible for the partnership. Because our goal is to support the horses, and YOU, our Breeder, we have crafted our partnership to help you achieve the most favorable outcome.
WHERE WILL MY HORSE BE STABLED?
Horses will begin their initial training in Ocala, Florida. Upon graduation, they will be sent to the track where carefully selected trainers begin the process of preparing them for racing. We anticipate running primarily in New York (to ensure Breeders Awards).
WHAT EXTRA COSTS ARE INVOLVED?
As a partner, you participate in the upside. You’ll pay no extra bills, will own a piece of a partnership with 10+ horses in it, and collect Breeders awards on your horse.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS PARTNERSHIP?
• Your horse will run primarily in NY, which will protect your Breeder awards
• You will own a piece of a partnership that owns 10+ horses
• You will be an insider at small private parties and other exclusive events
• You will enjoy the excitement of watching our horses race, and celebrating their victory in the winner’s circle
• You will have access to the paddock when our horses are running
• You will have the opportunity to meet the Trainer & other professionals. You will meet like-minded people and enjoy the comradery that horse racing fosters
We will have a website with training updates and videos, as well as communication from our trainers. Throughout this process, we are dedicated to keeping partners fully apprised of the status of the horses.
HOW WILL MONEY BE DISTRIBUTED?
There will be a distribution after the last horse is sold or retires.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WAR DANCER YEARLING
- Complete form 2019 Submission for Yearling Contribution. ALL sections must be completed and signed by you and your Veterinarian
- Create your video & photographs, following the instructions attached
- Send Submission form, photos, videos and any veterinary-related materials by email ONLY to: Belinda Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feel free to contact our office with any questions: Belinda Thomas 518-444-4015 Office, or 802-430-9959 Mobile